You are here
The Comprehensive Plan establishes a clear vision for the future of Lynchburg, identifies goals towards achieving that vision, creates policy guidance for public and private decision-makers, and identifies tasks that need to be pursued to make the Plan's vision and goals a reality. Building on the recommendations of the Comprehensive Plan document, the following area-specific plans have been adopted by the Lynchburg City Council as more detailed subsets of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Campbell Avenue | Odd Fellows Road Land Use and Corridor Study Master Plan
- Downtown and Riverfront Master Plan
- Fifth Street Corridor Master Plan
- Midtown Area Master Plan
- Tyreeana/Pleasant Valley Neighborhood Plan
- Wards Ferry Road Corridor Study
- Wards Road Area Pedestrian & Bicycle Concept Plan
The City of Lynchburg - Call 856-CITY
Tom Martin, AICP, City Planner is responsible for maintaining the plan.
The Planning Commission
The Planning Commission is responsible for implementation of the plan. Its seven members are:
- Gerry Swienton, Chair
- Alex Johnston, Vice-Chair
- James Coleman, Jr.
- Kevin Hooper
- Robert "Cham"bliss Light, Jr.
- Nancy Marion
- David Perault
The following chapters and maps read together constitute Lynchburg's Comprehensive Plan, as adopted by the City Council on January 14, 2014.
Please note: Some files are large and may take some time to open.