You are here
LPL's Vision and Mission
- Provide the citizens of Lynchburg with access to print and multimedia materials and informational services to meet their informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs.
- Increase the use of technology while maintaining traditional values, service and confidentiality.
- Encourage employees to develop their skills, performance and abilities through participation in training programs.
- Provide a secure facility adequately staffed with friendly, helpful and courteous personnel.
- Serve our public with wise stewardship of resources and reach out to all members of our community.
The Lynchburg Public Library will serve as a center for education, information, recreation and culture; it will be an integral part of the City's economic development plans. A highly trained and caring staff will strive to inform, enrich and empower every person in our community by creating and promoting barrier-free access to a vast array of ideas and information and by supporting an informed citizenry, lifelong learning and a love of reading. We will provide services through print and multimedia materials, the use of appropriate technology and innovative programs.