You are here
New Hire Portal
Welcome to employment at the City of Lynchburg
A Great Place to Live, Work and Play!
You are joining a group of dedicated public servants that work together to provide excellent service to our citizens. Our mission,"Responsive, Effective Local Government" represents the values and principles that drive our efforts on behalf of the community. New members of our team are carefully selected and chosen to carry on a tradition of dedication and excellence.
It is critical that you click on the appropriate link below to fill out the required forms prior to your orientation date. You should complete the forms and bring them with you to orientation along with any required documentation:
- a voided check for direct deposit
- identification for the I-9 form
- birth and/or marriage certificates if you are eligible for and will be enrolling family members into our medical, dental, and vision plan
You only need to complete one set of forms:
New Hire Forms-click on one of the following links that applies to you
- Full Time w/Benefits New Hire Forms (Must fill out and bring with you at orientation first day)
- Part Time w/Benefits New Hire Forms (Must fill out and bring with you at orientation first day)
- Part Time New Hire Forms (Must fill out and bring with you at orientation first day)
- Temporary New Hire Forms (Must fill out and bring with you at orientation first day)
Your employment will begin with an orientation program. The staff in Human Resources, located on the 3rd floor of City Hall, 900 Church Street, will formally welcome you to City employment during the orientation beginning at 8:30 a.m. and can last up to 4:30 p.m. Lunch will be on your own.
By now, you should have received a parking pass. If for some reason you have not, please call Human Resources at (434) 455-4200.
You may also want to view the video below and review the information in the Welcome Packet to prepare for your first day.
Preview Your First Day
If you have any questions prior to your orientation date, please do not hesitate to call Human Resources at (434) 455-4200. We are glad you’ve made the decision to work with us and we’re glad to help!