You are here
The Traffic Division is responsible for timing and coordination of traffic lights at 105 Lynchburg intersections. Traffic personnel also conduct traffic counts .pdf to determine the need for traffic lights and other street improvements. Additionally, Traffic is in charge of the street lights, and permit and handicap parking.
Report a Streetlight Outage
If you notice that a street light, signal, or other traffic sign is not working correctly, CALL (434) 856-CITY (2489) so that we can take measures to quickly correct the problem.
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP) pdf
- The Virginia Work Area Protection Manual
- The Applicability of the MUTCD on Private Property (PDF) About traffic control devices on private property.
- Wayfinding Signage System Policy for Adding Attractions to the Downtown
- Sample Signalization Plan