You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
THE LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET INCLUDES:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
SNAP AT THE MARKET: DOUBLE DOLLAR TOKENS RETURN
The Lynchburg Community Market is pleased to announce that thanks to a $5,000 grant from the Virginia Department of Health, the Lynchburg Community Market is once again able to offer double-dollar tokens for SNAP beneficiaries. This means that for every $10 you spend at the Market, you will receive $20 of tokens to spend on fresh, locally produced food. The tokens can be spent at the Market Tuesday-Saturday from 7 am - 2 pm. There is no limit to the amount of dollars that can be doubled, and beneficiaries can choose how many of their dollars to spend at the Market. Please note that we will only be able to offer double dollars until grant funds are exhausted.
- SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Customer Service Window on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, and 7:00 am on Saturdays.
- There are 29 vendors who accept SNAP benefits at the Market. Please look for the SNAP sign at vendor booths, and receive a complete list of vendors at the Customer Service Window.
TABLE TO FARM TOURS 2014
Friends of the Market is pleased to announce a return of their successful farm tour program on Monday, September 1, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Spend your Labor Day holiday visiting some of the farms that bring you fantastic, healthy food at the Market each week. The cost is $10/car, and tickets are sold at the Lynchburg Community Market. Find out more about the 2014 Table to Farm Tour, and like us on Facebook!
MUSIC AT THE MARKET
Music at the Market returned May 3 and will continue through September. Every Saturday from 10 am-12 pm you'll be able to sit back, relax, and listen to some wonderful, local musicians in the Community Market Plaza. This year the music is made possible by Friends of the Lynchburg Community Market, so be sure to give them a big thank-you when you see them at the Market!
Market Manager Jennifer Kennedy 434-455-4485
Administrative Staff 434-455-4485
Office hours for administrative staff are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday. Please note that entrance to the Market is by appointment only after 2:00 pm each day.
|Hours of Operation|
|Community Market||Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Farmers Market||Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Heritage Crafters Gallery||Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|