You are here
1. What methods of payment are accepted?
Check, cash, money order or Visa and MasterCard. Checks should be made payable to “City of Lynchburg”.
2. What is the phone number for the Nature Zone?
You may reach a naturalist at (434) 455-5828.
3. How can I volunteer with Parks and Recreation?
Volunteers are coordinated by our volunteer coordinator. Please call (434) 455-5886 for more information about volunteering. We welcome both groups and individuals for single or multi-day projects. We also have opportunities for volunteers with ongoing positions in our centers, parks, trails, and Adopt-A-Trail volunteer program.
4. Where can I find a copy of the current Parks and Recreation Activity Guide?
You can find the activity guide at these locations.
5. How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, please fill out a registration form which can be found in our activity guide. A completed registration form and payment may be mailed or delivered in person to the Customer Service desk. You can also register online at www.lynchburgva.gov/parksandrec.
301 Grove Street, Lynchburg, VA 24501
6. What is the cancelation number for athletic events?
The cancelation number for Athletics is (434) 455-5892. Cancelation information can also be found at www.teamsideline.com/lynchburg.
7. What is the process to reserve a Parks and Recreation facility?
All reservations are on a first come, first serve basis. All reservations have to be approved. Please visit our Reservations, Rentals and Special Events page for more information about facilities, fees, and special events.