Serving on City of Lynchburg boards and commissions is an excellent opportunity for citizens to become actively engaged with local government and their community by offering their insight and knowledge on critical issues affecting quality of life and helping make Lynchburg a great place to live, work and play!
The following boards and commissions will have vacancies when terms end in December 2014. City Council will fill vacancies as they become available, reviewing applications from the volunteer pool. Applications must be received by Friday, December 5, 2014.
• Community Development Advisory Committee - 5 vacancies (5 eligible to serve again)
• Planning Commission - 3 vacancies (3 eligible to serve again)
• Horizon Behavioral Health - 1 vacancy
• Sister City Liaison - 1 vacancy
• Lynchburg Regional Airport Commission - 2 vacancies (2 eligible to serve again)
• Towing Advisory Board - 5 vacancies (5 eligible to serve again)
• Region 2000 Greenways Alliance - 1 vacancy (not eligible to serve again)
• Design Review Board - 1 vacancy (eligible to serve again)
For an application, contact Valeria Chambers, Clerk of Council at 455-3990 or print an application from the City’s website at www.lynchburgva.gov
(located under the City Council/City Manager page).
Please note: Although individuals are eligible to serve another term, there is no guarantee they will be re-appointed.