You are here
Q: How do I contest a parking ticket?
A: To contest a ticket by court appearance, please call (434) 455-3850.
Q: How much are parking fines?
A: An overtime parking fine is $20; Prohibited parking is $30.
Q: How much is a residential parking permit for residents of downtown?
A: A residential parking permit is $25 per month for the first vehicle; $50 per month for the second vehicle; permit is for parking 24/7 in City-owned parking facilities.
Q: How much are monthly parking permits for City owned parking facilities?
A: Parking deck rates are $50 per month for unreserved and reserved $75.
Q: Where can I apply for residential parking permit?
A: An application for residential parking off-street in the CBD is available on this website. Once the application is completed it may be taken to the Parking Management Office located on the 3rd floor in City Hall.
Q: What other types of parking permits are available?
A: Construction parking and construction dumpster parking permits are available. They are issued by the City's Inspection Division.
Q: How do I rent a parking space in the Mid-town Parking Deck?
A: Parking spaces are rented by the month in City parking facilities. If you wish to rent a parking space in the Midtown Parking Deck you will need to complete a Parking Permit Application and take it to the Parking Management Office located on the 3rd floor in City Hall.
Q: What happens to the revenue that is collected from parking fees and fines?
A: All revenue generated from parking downtown provides funding for the management and operation of parking facilities; maintenance, security, streetscape improvements, and other downtown amenities.
Q: Where can I not park?
- On a sidewalk or city trail
- In front of a public or private driveway
- Within an intersection or traveled way
- Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant
- On a crosswalk
- Within twenty (20) feet of a crosswalk at an intersection
- Within thirty (30) feet of any flashing beacon, stop or yield sign or traffic-control signal located on the side of a roadway
- Within fifty (50) feet of the nearest rail of a railroad grade crossing
- Within twenty (20) feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within seventy-five (75) feet of the entrance
- Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when parking obstructs traffic
- On the roadway side of any vehicle parked at the edge or curb of a street
- Upon any bridge or other elevated structure
- Where official signs and/or pavement markings prohibit parking
- Between the street curb, or the edge of the paved portion of the roadway when there is no street curb, and the adjacent sidewalk
- Between the street curb and the adjacent right-of-way line or sidewalk so as to cause the continual mounting and/or dismounting of the curbing