You are here
Public Law Library
The Lynchburg Public Law Library, a part of the Lynchburg Public Library system, is located within the Downtown Branch Library.
The Law Library is open to the general public 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, and is also available after hours for members of the Lynchburg Bar Association and for instructors of legal research classes. If you need to visit the Law Library after hours, please contact a staff member. The Law Library collection includes access to Westlaw. The Lynchburg Public Law Library is supported by funds collected for Law Libraries as specified in the Code of Virginia 42.1-70.
Virginia Holdings - print and CD-ROM
- Virginia Code
- Lynchburg City Code of Ordinances
- Acts of the Assembly
- Virginia Reports
- Michie's Jurisprudence
- Attorney General Opinions
- Virginia Court of Appeals Reports
- Virginia Law Reports
- Virginia Forms
- CLE Materials
- Law Reviews
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- other Virginia texts and supplementary material
- Nolo Press and other publications on popular topics
- Black's Law Dictionary
Westlaw Searching Available
- All state and federal legal materials are accessible through Westlaw. Please ask for assistance.
Legal Websites of Interest
Visit this page for a variety of links useful for doing legal research.