You are here
Formerly part of the Miller Park Zoo, the Aviary was once home to exotic birds and animals. Today, this historic gem can be rented for many different occasions, including weddings, receptions, dinners, birthday parties and business or club meetings. Recent renovations to this beautiful 1903 building have created an airy, comfortable facility, able to accommodate groups of all sizes.
In addition to its convenient location in beautiful, historic Miller Park, rental of the Aviary includes use of the tables and chairs, utilities and limited off-street parking. Depending upon the type of function, the Aviary can seat upwards of 100 people and has an over-all occupancy capacity of 380. Features air conditioning, heating, restroom, and small kitchenette/bar area. The Aviary is not handicapped accessible.
The Aviary can be rented from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm, Monday-Thursday, with a minimum rental period of two hours. Friday-Sunday rentals have a minimum rental period of four hours. Please contact a Customer Service representative, (434) 455-5858 to arrange a tour of the Aviary.
Aviary Rental Rates
|Day||4-Hour Rate||8-Hour Rate||Additional Hours|
|Monday - Thursday||$100.00||$180.00||$35.00|
|Friday - Sunday||$120.00||$220.00||$35.00|
It's easy to rent the Aviary! The first step is to carefully read our rental rules to make sure the Aviary is the right place for your event. Next, you should call our office at (434) 455-5858 to check the availability of the Aviary on your event date. Finally, download the Aviary Use Permit Application, complete the form and return it, with all applicable fees to our Administrative offices at 2704 Concord Turnpike.
Please remember that the Aviary is available only on a first-come, first-served basis, and that you cannot be guaranteed a reservation until all fees are paid and your final permit is issued.
Need help? Be sure to call us with any questions you may have; we'll be happy to help make sure you have everything you need for your event. Contact a Customer Service representative at (434) 455-5858 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour of the Aviary or for more information.
Aviary Rental Rules
- Any pre-event preparations or post-event clean up shall be part of the rental period.
- The renter is responsible for returning all tables and chairs to their designated places.
- All decorations, equipment or supplies must be removed from the facility at the conclusion of the event.
- The use of nails, tape, tacks and staples is prohibited.
- Postings, decorations, banners or other material is not allowed outside of the Aviary.
- No cooking is allowed within the Aviary building; kitchen facilities can be used for food preparation and heating only.
- Bird seed is the only material that can be thrown outside of the Aviary.
- An ABC Banquet License is required if alcohol will be served. Phone the Alcohol Beverage Control Commission at (434) 582-5136 for more information.
- No alcohol is allowed outside of the building.
- Please discuss your parking needs with our representative.
- The renter is responsible for any damage or loss as a consequence of his/her event.
- Rentals must be processed seven days prior to the rental date.
- Aviary rental hours are from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.