You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
THE LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET INCLUDES:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
SNAP DOUBLE DOLLAR TOKENS PROGRAM ENDS FOR 2014
The Lynchburg Community Market has exhausted the $5,000 grant from the Virginia Department of Health that offered double-dollar tokens for SNAP beneficiaries from July to October. The overwhelming success of this program shows that the demand for fresh, local, food is growing throughout our community. Thanks to the Virginia Department of Health, SNAP beneficiaries were able to stretch their food dollars here at the Market; our hope is that we will be able to access additional funding in 2015 to continue the program. In the meantime, the Market will continue the token program which allows SNAP beneficiaries the opportunity to shop for their food right here at the Market. The tokens can be spent at the Market Tuesday-Saturday from 7 am - 2 pm. There is no limit to the number of tokens that can be used at the Market.
The Cheese Shop, Lorraine Bakery, and Grains of Sense Coffee Roastery accept tokens throughout the week for eligible items. There are still many local produce and food vendors accepting SNAP tokens on Wednesdays, with the largest and best variety of SNAP eligible items being sold on Saturdays throughout the year.
- SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Customer Service Window on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, and 7:00 am on Saturdays.
- There are many vendors who accept SNAP benefits at the Market. Please look for the SNAP sign at vendor booths, and receive a complete list of vendors at the Customer Service Window.
LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET HARVEST MARKET FESTIVAL SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25
Help celebrate fall at the market during our annual Harvest Market Festival on Saturday, October 25 from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm. This family-oriented event is sure to please everyone, with face-painting, pumpkin decorating, tasting tables, Country Proud Bluegrass, and lots of new specialty vendors selling the best of what's local. Sponsored by Friends of the Market, this day of seasonal celebration is a great way to welcome back cooler weather and delight in the beauty of fall in Central Virginia.
Market Manager Jennifer Kennedy 434-455-4485
Administrative Staff 434-455-4485
Office hours for administrative staff are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday. Please note that entrance to the Market is by appointment only after 2:00 pm each day.
|Hours of Operation|
|Community Market||Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Farmers Market||Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Heritage Crafters Gallery||Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|