You are here
Save money and the environment in Lynchburg by recycling!
- Corrugated Cardboard - flattened
- Drink & Food Cans - rinse and crush
- Newspapers & Inserts - no strings or bags please
- Mixed Paper - food boxes, magazines, mail, bad report cards, etc., flatten boxes please
- Plastic Containers #1 through #7 (no styrofoam or plastic bags) - rinse and crush
- NOTE: Due to the current market, glass is no longer accepted at any of the recycling sites.
Drop-Off Center Locations
Fairview Square Shopping Center on Campbell Avenue
Grace Street Behind Fire Station
Kroger, Linkhorne Drive, Behind the Adelphia Cable Office
Kroger, Old Graves Mill Road & Timberlake
River Ridge Mall, Near Sears
Sam's Club Parking Lot, Wards Rd.
Corner of Alleghany & Lakeside Dr.
Village Court Shopping Center, Boonsboro Road
Pick up FREE recycling boxes!
The City of Lynchburg has resurrected the famous recycling box! The box is ideal for storing recyclables to take to the drop-off recycling centers. Easy to follow instructions on how to properly recycle materials are printed on the box.
Lynchburg residents may pick up a free recycling box at the following locations:
- City Hall Information Desk, 900 Church Street
- Public Works Building, 2nd Floor, 1700 Memorial Avenue
For more information on recycling, contact the Regional Recycling Program Manager:Diane Dodd: (434) 455-6085; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recycling Program Manager, Region 2000 Services Authority