You are here
- City of Lynchburg Application for Employment: On-line application must be completed and submitted to the City of Lynchburg Police Department
- Personal History Questionnaire: The completed questionnaire must be submitted to the Lynchburg Police Department Personnel and Training Unit. This step includes an Electronic Background Investigation consisting of a DMV, credit and criminal history check.
- Written Examination: The National Police Officer Selection Test by Standard & Associates Inc.
- Oral Interview Board: Formal interview by a panel staffed by police officers and selected citizens.
- Polygraph Examination: Administered by a Certified Polygraph Examiner.
- Extensive Background Investigation: Conducted by a Certified Lynchburg Police Department Background Investigator.
- Application File Review by LPD Command Staff
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Physical Agility Examination
- Medical Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluation
Upon successful completion of the above steps, applicants will follow one of two paths, either Police Officer Recruit or Cadet:
- Police Officer candidates will attend the CVCJA and serve a one-year probationary period from the date they are sworn in as a Police Officer.
- Cadet Candidates will become full time employees and serve a one-year probationary period from the date they are hired as a Cadet.
For more information, contact LPD Personnel and Training