You are here
Choosing & Using Your Cart
Choosing your trash cart is easy! If your home does not have a cart already, just call Citizens First at (434) 856-2489 and order your cart. We'll even deliver it to your house! You can also switch the size of your cart for free; however, the decal price will change. And, if you need an extra cart, you can purchase a new 32-gal. cart for $37.50 (used 32-gal. available for $20) or a 64-gal. for $47. The cart you purchase is yours, however, the free cart provided to that address must stay with the property if you move.
Ways NOT to Set Out Your Trash Cart on Trash Collection Day
|NO VALID DECAL||WRONG SIZE DECAL||OVERFLOW ABOVE RIM|
|OVERFLOW BESIDE CART||BROKEN/DAMAGED LID||ALL TRASH NOT IN PREPAID BAGS (NO DECAL ON BIN)|
Just as a reminder...
- Place the correct decal on your cart.
- A 32-gal. cart requires a $40 decal.
- A 64-gal. cart requires an $80 decal.
- If your current cart is not the best size for your household, please call Citizens First at 856-2489 to switch sizes.
- To purchase an additional cart, please visit Billings & Collections in City Hall, 900 Church Street or you may send a check written to The City of Lynchburg to Billings & Collections, 900 Church Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504. The 32-gal. cart is $37.50 and the 64-gal. cart is $47.
- Trash bags that do not fit in your trash cart should be placed beside the trash cart in a blue pre-paid bag.
- Remember you can save money by recycling!