You are here
Citizen's Police Academy
Some of the topics in this 8-week program are:
- Vision, Values, Mission & Recruiting and Hiring Process
- Field Operations & Criminal Investigations
- Traffic Control & Traffic Stop Scenarios
- VICE, Street Crimes & Gangs in Lynchburg
- Crime Prevention Unit & FATS machine
- Tactical Unit - Crisis Negotiations, K-9 & Firearms Demos
- Crime Scene Processing
The 25th session classes will begin March 2015. This course is open to those interested in becoming better citizens and for people wishing to learn more about law enforcement. Even though you will not be trained as a law enforcement officer, we hope you will gain a better understanding of police work.
Classes meet on Thursday evenings from 6:00PM to 8:30PM, with one Saturday class at the LPD Firing Range.
If you are interested in this program please complete the Citizen's Police Academy Application. There is no cost to participate in this program. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply. The Spring 2015 class is full. New applications will be held for the next academy. Look for photos and stories of the Citizen's Police Academy for Spring 2015 at our Facebook Page.
For more information contact Steven Wood, Crime Prevention Unit at (434) 455-6158, Fax (434) 847-1408, or firstname.lastname@example.org