You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
November 30, December 7, 14, 21
7 am- 3 pm
Find the best of local offerings during the holidays at the Lynchburg Community Market. Discover unique, hand-crafted gifts that are the perfect fit for your loved ones. We'll be celebrating the season with fun family activities and tasty holiday treats.
You can even purchase a freshly cut Christmas tree from several vendors- Sam Hunter will offer Fraser Firs and a variety of other greenery, and Hungry Hill Farm will offer both Scotch and White Pines for sale.
Vendors will offer seasonal produce and fresh greenery, handmade arts and crafts, artisan foods, and specialty cheeses, breads, chocolates, and baked goods. Visit our local shops, restaurants and tasting table. Our special family-friendly activities include:
Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus
Bring your camera and get a wonderful holiday photo of your child with Santa and Mrs. Claus- from 10am - 2pm on Saturday, December 7 & 14 only! No professional photographer will be available.
Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
$2.00- sponsored by Friends of the Lynchburg Community Market and Lynch's Landing
Saturday, December 7 & 14 from 10am - 2pm
Take a ride down Main Street in a beautiful horse-drawn carriage; carriage departs from the small parking lot on the corner of 12th and Main Street.
Tom Burford Book Signing
From 10am - 12pm on Saturday, December 21, Lynchburg's favorite author returns to sign copies of his fantastic new book, Apples of North America. He'll also be helping with a heritage apple and cheese pairing with specialty cheeses especially chosen by the folks at The Cheese Shop.
Stop by the tasting table manned by the Friends of the Lynchburg Community Market- lots of yummy produce, jams, cheeses, meats, chocolates and other tasty delights to help you make some tough decisions about what to put on your holiday table- every Saturday in December from 10am - 2pm.
The Lynchburg Community Market Includes:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
Now Accepting Applications for Shop 9
Proposals are now being accepted for lease of retail shop space #9 at Lynchburg’s historic Community Market. Interested vendors may also pick up applications at the Community Market office at 1219 Main Street, or request a mailed copy by telephoning the office at (434) 455-4485.The Lynchburg Community Market is owned and operated by the City of Lynchburg, and is open five-days a week. The market features locally grown produce, home-made food products, boutiques, crafts, art and locally owned restaurants.
Potential applicants are encouraged to review the Community Market Handbook prior to applying for a lease space. Shop #9 contains approximately 421 square feet of prime vendor space. Shop areas are leased on an annual basis. The rental area is currently being offered at a premium rate of $11 a square foot, which includes standard commercial food prep and storage appliances; or at a base price of $9 a square foot with no commercial appliances. Applicants interested in leasing the premium space at $11 a square foot using city owned commercial equipment may do so with the understanding that the vendor will be responsible for repair and/or replacement of this equipment at their cost. A pre-bid tour of the space will take place on Wednesday, November 20 at 3 PM.
To be considered, proposals must be postmarked by December 6, 2013. Proposals must be mailed to: Lynchburg Parks and Recreation Dept., Attn: Community Market Shops, 2704 Concord Turnpike 24504. Questions may be directed to Jennifer Kennedy at (434)455-4485 or by email at Jennifer.email@example.com.
WELCOME NEW MARKET VENDORS
We're pleased to welcome three wonderful new vendors to the Market! Check them out below, and be sure to visit when you come to the Market!
- Beginning this Wednesday, stop and get a cup (or pound) of coffee with the good folks of Grains of Sense , Tom and Kathryn Hayman! What better way to start your day than with the best freshly roasted coffee beans and scrumptious teas.
- Visit Shannon Cassidy of Cassidy's Collections to get a beautiful locally-sourced and hand-made wreath to grace your door and celebrate the season! Each wreath is unique...and Shannon will be glad to custom-make a wreath for you if you don't see exactly what you're looking for!
- One-of-a-kind 99.9% pure Peruvian silver bracelets, rings, necklaces, and pendants that are all handmade...dresses and shawls made of the softest Peruvian cotton....hand-made and scented soy potpourri....be sure and visit Jannett Spearman of Spearman Artisanry for lovely gifts for yourself and others.
|Hours of Operation|
|Community Market||Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Farmers Market||Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Heritage Crafters Gallery||Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
We're getting a new look for our e-blast beginning this month. Stay tuned...it will be worth the wait...but check us out on Facebook until then!