You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
THE LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET INCLUDES:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
SNAP AT THE MARKET
- Remember to look for a SNAP sign at a vendor booth, indicating that the vendor will accept SNAP tokens.
- SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Customer Service Window on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, and 7:00 am on Saturdays.
- We are hopeful that we will be able to offer double dollars again this summer, so look for announcements on this page and on our Facebook page.
MUSIC AT THE MARKET
Music at the Market returned May 3 and will continue through September. Every Saturday from 10 am-12 pm you'll be able to sit back, relax, and listen to some wonderful, local musicians in the Community Market Plaza. This year the music is made possible by Friends of the Lynchburg Community Market, so be sure to give them a big thank-you when you see them at the Market!
Market Manager Jennifer Kennedy (434) 455-4485
Administrative Staff (434) 455-4485
Office hours for administrative staff are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday. Please note that entrance to the Market is by appointment only after 2:00 pm each day.
|Hours of Operation|
|Community Market||Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Farmers Market||Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Heritage Crafters Gallery||Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|