You are here
Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics
What is a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day?
When is the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day?
2014 Collection Days: April 12 • June 14 • October 11
All participants must present a photo ID! To save time at the Collection Day, please fill out the HHW verification form. CLICK HERE TO PRINT A VERIFICATION FORM. Please bring items in non-returnable containers. Click here for What You Can and Cannot Bring to HHW.
Amherst, Appomattox and Nelson County residents must bring a voucher from the county solid waste department. To obtain a voucher form, please call: Amherst County residents (434) 846-3324; Appomattox County residents (434) 352-8184 and Nelson County residents (434) 263-7098.
- Available to residents only in Lynchburg and counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Campbell and Nelson and the towns of Amherst, Altavista, and Brookneal.
- Dates & Time: Second Saturday of April, June & October; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Location: Regional Landfill located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg.
- You MUST bring photo identification with you. County residents must bring a voucher.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- For City Residents: this collection does not count as your one free trip per month to the landfill.
- Save time... print and fill out a verification form.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT (either donate it to the Habitat Restore or add kitty litter to dry it up then toss it in with your regular weekly trash).
- There is no fee for the HHW collection service.