You are here
Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling
The Region 2000 Services Authority (not the City of Lynchburg) operates the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection days. It is an opportunity for citizens to properly dispose of material which should not be put in the landfill or poured down the drain due to toxicity or the potential for pollution of groundwater.
2020 Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Schedule
What You Need To Bring
- Photo Identification.
- Household/Electronic Waste Verification Form: PRINT A VERIFICATION FORM
Amherst, Appomattox and Nelson County residents must bring a voucher from the county solid waste department. To obtain a voucher form, please call:
- Amherst County residents (434) 846-3324
- Appomattox County residents (434) 352-8184
- Nelson County residents (434) 263-7098
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials & Electronics
- Available to residents only in Lynchburg and counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Campbell and Nelson and the towns of Amherst, Altavista, and Brookneal.
- Dates and time: Second Saturday of April, June & October; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Location: Concord Turnpike Convenience Center located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg.
- You MUST bring photo identification with you. County residents must bring a voucher.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- For City Residents: this collection does not count as your one free trip per month to the landfill.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT (You my add kitty litter to dry it up then toss it in with your regular weekly trash).
- There is no fee for the HHW collection service.
- DOWNLOAD THE HHW FLYER