You are here
Off-Street, Hourly, Parking
Off-street parking is available in the following facilities when visiting downtown for longer than 2 hours or when on-street parking spaces are not available: Mid-Town Parking Deck (910 Main Street), the Clay Street Parking Deck (800 Clay Street), and Lot E (1310 Main Street).
There are 100 hourly parking spaces available on Level A of the Mid-Town Parking Deck, 124 hourly parking spaces available on the middle level of the Clay Street Parking Deck, and 53 hourly parking spaces in Lot E. See the parking brochure to determine which parking facility best fits your needs.
Note your space and pay when you park.
Parking is enforced from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Parking is free on nights, weekends and city holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day).
If you are visiting the Community Market on Main Street, Lots H1 & H2 also offer free, two-hour parking. Parking is enforced from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Tuesday - Saturday.
Please be aware of signage when you park. Read all signs as they may include the time frame restrictions and other parking guidelines.
|Mid-Town Parking Deck & Lot E||Clay Street Parking Deck|
|$0.25 for the 1st hour||$1.00 for the 1st hour|
|$1.00 for each additional hour||$1.00 for each additional hour|
|$5.00 daily maximum||$5.00 daily maximum|
How to Use the Pay Station
- Park your vehicle and note your space number.
- Enter your space number at the Multi-Space Metered Pay Station
Insert coins or tokens into the pay station to add time to your space. As you put in the coins, the amount of time remaining on the meter will display on the screen.
If you are paying with credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard only), press the "OK" button. Use the up and down arrows to adjust the amount of money you would like charged to your credit/debit card. Press the "OK" button to accept the charge amount. Slide your credit/debit card into the credit card reader. Please ensure you insert your card in correct direction. The pay station will display a prompt stating your payment has been accepted and how much time is remaining on the meter.
- Enjoy your visit to Lynchburg!
Note: The pay station will not print out a receipt. If you would like a copy of your parking receipt, please use the mPARK Service.
How to Pay by Cell Phone
Register to use mPARK. Registration is free and is required only once. Parking can be charged to your VISA or MasterCard credit/debit card. Other billing options such as mobile phone accounts are coming soon.
Register for an mPARK Personal Account
Register for an mPARK Business Account
- Parking Payments can be made by calling toll free: 1-888-MPARKGO or 1-888-672-7546.
- Enter the meter number on your mobile phone, then press #.
- Enter the parking space number in which you are parked on your mobile phone, then press #.
- Enter amount of parking required in Dollars. For example enter 2, then press # for $2.00.
- mPARK will confirm your transaction and you may hang up.
- mPARK will send you a text message with 10 minutes remaining on your meter time.
- Follow the mPARK voice prompts and additional meter time from a remote location.
Affordable, convenient parking is available with mPARK. mPARK allows you to use your mobile phone, on any network, to pay for parking wherever you see the mPARK logo.
- Convenience. You no longer have the hassle of looking for change for the parking meter
- Avoid Parking Fines. A free reminder SMS text message will be sent to your phone before your parking expires
- Pay Remotely. You can extend your parking stay, within regulations, without having to return to the meter (excludes ticket machines)
- On-line Account Data. You get a free online account detailing all your parking charges, which is great for expense claims or tax records
Businesses will have the added benefit of centralized management of parking expenses, detailed records of employee parking activities, detailed billing features, exporting of parking expense data to Excel, service times to control employee/customer parking policy.
Businesses can buy tokens from the Parking Management Office located on the 3rd floor of City Hall. Tokens cost $0.60 per token, and the first token gives customers an hour of parking in the Clay Street Parking Deck (middle level) and an hour and forty-five minutes in the Mid-Town Parking Deck (top level) and Lot E. Please contact us to purchase tokens or if you need more information.
On-Street, Hourly, Parking
There are 1,076 on-street, timed zoned parking spaces available. Public Works along with our GIS Department have created an On-Street Parking Map and On-Street Parking Report, which shows the number of on-street parking spaces per block and total on-street parking spaces per street with their respective time zones.