On July 1, 2014, the new Virginia Voter Photo ID law goes in to effect. In order to vote in upcoming elections, a voter must present one of the following forms of identification:
• Valid Virginia driver’s license
• DMV-issued photo identification card
• Valid U.S. Passport
• Valid employee photo identification card
• Valid Virginia college or university student photo identification card
• Other government-issued photo identification card
If you do not have one of these forms of identification, you may apply for a free photo ID (valid only for voting purposes) at the Registrar’s Office, located on the lower level of the DMV Building, 3236 Odd Fellows Road in Lynchburg.
For more information, call 847-1609.