You are here
Candles and Scents
General Safety Tips
- Extinguish all candles when leaving the room, even if for "just a minute"
- Keep candles and warm scented oils away from linens, paper, curtains, clothing etc.
- Use only candle holders that are sturdy and large enough to collect melted wax.
- Do not place candles in windows.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets at all times.
- Avoid novelty candles with combustible materials(s) in them.
- Keep candle wicks trimmed.
- Don't carry candles, even during a power outage.
- If you are using scented oil scents, make sure they are in glass containers and away from combustible materials.
- If you are using "plug in to the outlet" style fragrances, do not "plug in" any other device through the fragrance unit. This can lead to an overload of the unit and cause a fire.