You are here
The Financial Services Department is composed of six divisions:
- Office of the Director
- Accounting Operations Division
- Financial Accounting Division
- Procurement Division
- Billings and Collections Division
- Budget Division
The Department plans, organizes and administers all financial activities for the Municipal Government and functions as managerial aide in matters of fiscal policy and other related financial planning.
- Build financial and economic strength through sound fiscal policies.
- Maximize existing resources and new revenue opportunities.
- Provide integrated, aligned business products and support that help focus the City's resources on Citizens.
- Ensure that policymakers and stakeholders (Council, Department, Agencies and Citizens) have true cost data to make informed, meaningful decisions with accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure that policymakers and stakeholders have clear, reliable information on how tax dollars are spent and understand the value they are getting in terms of results.
- Ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in serving our internal and external customers
- Improve the value of services we deliver by continuously identifying the ongoing needs of our internal and external customers, determining how to meet those needs, implementing effective improvements and monitoring how well the needs have been met.
- Seek and develop reliable tools for measurement of progress to evaluate and continually improve value and performance.