You are here
Boards & Commissions
The following boards and commissions will have vacancies when terms end in October 2015:
- Transit Company Board - 3 vacancies (1 eligible to serve again)
- Lynchburg Parking Authority - 1 vacancy
Browse through the list of volunteer opportunities below and consider submitting an application for membership to one of these City Council-appointed boards. City Council will fill vacancies as they become available, reviewing applications from the volunteer pool. Thank you for your service.
- AIRPORT COMMISSION
- BUILDING CODE APPEALS BOARD
- CITY EMPLOYEES APPEAL BOARD
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- HORIZON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
- DESIGN REVIEW BOARD
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BOARD
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
- LYNCHBURG BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE BOARD
- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR./LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY COUNCIL
- MUSEUM ADVISORY BOARD
- PARKING AUTHORITY
- PLANNING COMMISSION
- REDEVELOPMENT & HOUSING AUTHORITY BOARD
- SCHOOL BOARD (School Board Application)
- SOCIAL SERVICES ADVISORY BOARD
- TOWING ADVISORY BOARD
- TRANSIT COMPANY BOARD
- VASAP BOARD
- YOUTH SERVICES CITIZENS BOARD
- ZONING APPEALS BOARD
All Boards and Commissions are subject to the rules and regulations of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, Virginia Conflict of Interest Act and the Virginia Public Records Act.
(Note: The electronic version of the Board applications may be completed using Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat Reader on your computer, click here to download a free copy.)
If you are a citizen of Lynchburg and are interested in serving on one of the City's boards or commissions, please write or call:Valeria P. Chambers, MMC Clerk of Council 900 Church Street Lynchburg, VA 24504 (434) 455-3995
Each individual must complete an application to identify any special talent, experience or educational preparation which might be helpful to a board or commission. If you would like to serve on the School Board you must complete a separate SCHOOL BOARD APPLICATION.
NOTE: As a member of a board or commission, you will be expected to attend at least 75% of the regular meetings, and membership will be limited to a maximum of three consecutive terms.