You are here
Citizen's Police Academy
Some of the topics in this 8-week program are:
- Vision, Values, Mission & Recruiting and Hiring Process
- Field Operations & Criminal Investigations
- Traffic Control & Traffic Stop Scenarios
- VICE, Street Crimes & Gangs in Lynchburg
- Crime Prevention Unit & FATS machine
- Tactical Unit - Crisis Negotiations, K-9 & Firearms Demos
- Crime Scene Processing
The 24th session classes will begin September 19. This course is open to those interested in becoming better citizens and for people wishing to learn more about law enforcement. Even though you will not be trained as a law enforcement officer, we hope you will gain a better understanding of police work.
If you are interested in this program please complete the Citizen's Police Academy Application. There is no cost to participate in this program. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply. The deadline for applications has passed. Please look for future updates and the 25th Citizen's Police Academy possibly for Spring 2014.
Citizens that complete the 8 week academy are eligible to join the Lynchburg Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association. Members will be able to continue on with the Police Department with various volunteer opportunities and events.
For more information contact Steven Wood, Crime Prevention Unit at (434) 455-6158, Fax (434) 847-1408, or firstname.lastname@example.org