You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
THE LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET INCLUDES:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
SNAP AT THE MARKET
The Lynchburg Community Market offers a token program that allows SNAP beneficiaries the opportunity to shop for fresh, local, fruits, vegetables, meat, cheese, and any other eligible items right here at the Market. The SNAP card is swiped for a dollar amount at the customer service window, and the recipient is given tokens that can be redeemed with eligible vendors at the Market. The tokens can be spent Tuesday-Saturday from 7 am - 2 pm. There is no limit to the number of tokens that can be used at the Market.
The Cheese Shop, Lorraine Bakery, and Grains of Sense Coffee Roastery accept tokens throughout the week for eligible items. There are still many local produce and food vendors accepting SNAP tokens on Wednesdays, with the largest and best variety of SNAP eligible items being sold on Saturdays throughout the year.
- SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Customer Service Window on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, and 7:00 am on Saturdays.
- There are many vendors who accept SNAP benefits at the Market. Please look for the SNAP sign at vendor booths, and receive a complete list of vendors at the Customer Service Window.
DIVA CRAWL, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21
Head on downtown for the Diva Crawl, back by popular demand, bigger and better than ever. The Market will be open from 7 am to 8 pm to help you find the best of local gifts, one-of-a-kind items and help you start your holiday shopping off to a great, local start.
MISTLETOE MARKET BEGINS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 29
Be sure to visit the Market for our annual holiday celebration, Mistletoe Market. Every Saturday the Market will be open an hour later, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, beginning on November 29, and continuing on December 6, 13, and 20. Vendors will offer the best of fresh, local food, hand-crafted gifts, and one-of-a-kind items that are sure to please your loved ones. Look for these special happenings at the Market:
- The Friends of the Market will have a tasting table each Saturday from 10 am - 2pm.
- On Saturday December 6 and December 12, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at the Market for kids of all ages,
- On Saturday December 6 & December 12, old-fashioned, horse-drawn carriage rides will be available,
- Specialty vendors will be on hand every Saturday with fresh greenery, wreaths, and other seasonal items.
Celebrate the holiday season downtown, and make it a truly local experience this year!
Market Manager Jennifer Kennedy 434-455-4485
Administrative Staff 434-455-4485
Office hours for administrative staff are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday. Please note that entrance to the Market is by appointment only after 2:00 pm each day.
Hours of Operation
Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm
Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm
Heritage Crafters Gallery
Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm