You are here
1219 Main Street • Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Tel: (434) 455-4485 Fax: (434) 847-1552
The Lynchburg Community Market offers the best of locally produced fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, and specialty items. Farmers sell their products on Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round. Located inside the Market, the Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist’s Alley complement the two permanent shops, four locally-owned restaurants, and a bakery and cheese shop that also operate year-round.
THE LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY MARKET INCLUDES:
- Heritage Crafters Gallery and Artist's Alley: Get the best of locally crafted jewelry, cards, prints, and local crafts.
- Farmers Market: Shop for locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and cheeses at the Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Market!
- Restaurants and Shops: Treat yourself to cookies, and delicious chocolates... pick up fantastic breads, pies, jams, jellies, meats, and special treats! Enjoy the flavor of local restaurants that feature down-home cooking and go shopping at one of the specialty shops at the Market.
SNAP AT THE MARKET
SNAP tokens continue to be accepted at the Market, but we have exhausted our supply of double dollars for the time being.
- Remember to look for a SNAP sign at a vendor booth, indicating that the vendor will accept SNAP tokens.
- SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Customer Service Window only on Saturdays until the first week of April, when we will resume selling tokens on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, and 7:00 am on Saturdays.
- We are hopeful that we will be able to offer double dollars again this summer, so look for announcements on this page and on our Facebook page.
BIRDS AND BLOSSOMS DAY
SATURDAY MARCH 29
Daffodils, tulips, bird houses, bird feeders and cut flowers are all a part of the annual Birds and Blossoms day at the Market! From 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, look for special items from vendors offering one-of-a-kind items during throughout the day. It's time to get your hands dirty and dig in to the garden, and there's no better place than the Market to pick up fresh cut flowers, new bedding plants, and everything you can imagine to please our fine feathered friends!
GRAINS OF SENSE ROASTERY AND CAFE TO OPEN
Look for a new restaurant at the Market beginning in April! We're pleased to announce the opening of the Grains of Sense Roastery and Cafe, brought to you by Tom and Katherine Hayman who are now selling their excellent hand-roasted coffee beans and artisan teas by the pound. At the roastery you'll enjoy the same wonderful coffee and tea, plus a delicious assortment of sandwiches and baked goods for you to enjoy. Get ready to dig in and enjoy a great lunch with a great cup of tea or coffee to send you back to work satisfied and happy!
Their coffee and tea is Fair Trade Certified, Rain Forest Alliance Certified, Sustainably Grown, and Certified Virginia's Finest!
|Hours of Operation|
|Community Market||Tues-Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Farmers Market||Wed, 10am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|
|Heritage Crafters Gallery||Tues-Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm|