You are here
- US Airways/American policy states that all boarding must cease and the doors to the aircraft must be closed 10 minutes prior to departure. If you are not *on* the aircraft when that door closes, you'll miss your flight.
PAYMENT/CREDIT CARD USAGE AT TICKET COUNTER: The airline cannot accept checks or third-party credit cards at the counter. Passengers can pay for tickets and luggage fees at the airline counter with cash or their own personal credit/debit card.
A third party credit card can be used only if the ticket and/or checked baggage fee is paid for in advance online.
Holiday Travel Advisory - Good information to know!
Carry-On Baggage Policy
For domestic flights, US Airways allows each passenger to carry onboard the aircraft for free one (1) personal item and one (1) piece of carry-on luggage. A personal item is a briefcase, laptop case or purse. Carry-on luggage dimensions may not exceed 14 x 9 x 22" and may weigh up to 40 pounds. On US Airways Express flights, your carry-on bag will be tagged, placed in the cargo bin and returned plane-side or in the jetway for you to pick up when you deplane. For more information about the baggage policy for domestic and international travel, please visit the US Airways website.
Checked Baggage Policy
US Airways charges a fee of $25 (each way) for the first checked bag, and a fee of $35 (each way) for the second checked bag for each passenger. A checked bag may not weigh more than 50 pounds. The total dimensions of a checked bag (length + width + height) may not exceed 62". Overweight and oversized bags will be assessed additional fees. For more information, please visit the US Airways website. Note: Baggage fees may be paid by credit card, debit card or cash. US Airways will not accept checks for any transaction.
Other Important Reminders
- Passengers must be at the airport one (1) hour prior to scheduled flight departure.
- The airline counter in Lynchburg closes 30 minutes prior to flight departure, local time. If you have not got your boarding passes or checked your bags before the counter closes, you will not be able to get on the flight. Note that airline counters in other airports may close 45 to 60 minutes prior to flight departure.
- Currency Exchange: Foreign currency can not be exchanged at Lynchburg Regional Airport. The closest airport which offers this service is Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Prohibited Items: Please visit the TSA website for information about items that may not be carried onboard an aircraft.
Tips on How to Save on Fares
- Most airlines charge a service fee if an airline representative books your ticket for you over the telephone or in person. To avoid paying this service fee, book your ticket online on the airline's website.
- Be flexible in your travel days - very often Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the least expensive days to fly, and the lowest fares may be available if you can travel on a different week.
- Buy your tickets at least two weeks in advance. However, buying a ticket too far in advance may not result in the best savings as discount fares are only loaded into the airline's booking system for the upcoming two or three months.
- When planning to travel, visit the airline's website every day to familiarize yourself with the fares so you will be able to buy a good fare when you see it. Discount fares are limited in quantity, and fares may change daily.
Airline Information I Air Travel Fares I Passenger Terminal Information
Flight Schedule - Arrivals and Departures Airport Directions & Map I Airport Parking
Ground Transportation I Airport Administration I Airport Commission
Airport Commission Meeting Package I General Aviation - Fixed Base Operators
Flight Training and Recreational Aviation