Community Code Compliance Team
The purpose of the Community Code Compliance Team is to develop and implement a proactive, coordinated, and focused long-term strategy to improve living conditions through consistent code compliance, thereby facilitating a positive impact on the quality of life in Lynchburg.
The strategic focus of the Community Code Compliance Team will be to:
- enforce codes in a fair and effective manner;
- instill a spirit of cooperation and trust among team members
- devise new strategies to address neighborhood and citizen concerns, including citizen engagement and education;
- improve communication between the City, other agencies, and the public regarding compliance activities, and
- conduct neighborhood walkthroughs to see and hear citizen concerns firsthand.
The Community Code Compliance Team is a core group of City employees whose job responsibilities relate to compliance and quality of life issues. The membership of this multi-disciplinary team consists of representatives of the City Manager's Office, Inspections, Billings and Collections, Fire Marshal, Waste Management, Police, Community Development, City Attorney's Office, Public Services, Customer Service Division, Social Services Division, Commissioner of the Revenue, Lynchburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority and City Council.
The City Council and the City Manager endorse and support the work of the team and have empowered its members to work cooperatively toward a common purpose. Each member of the team brings with them the authority inherent in their position. Collectively, the team can influence a wide range of enforcement and compliance strategies that are beyond the ability of individuals acting alone. Cooperation among members will enhance the impact the team will have on the quality of life in Lynchburg.
You may request a walkthrough of your neighborhood by emailing Keith Wright, Neighborhood Services Manager, or by calling 434-455-3921.
- Summary of Dearing Street Walkthrough - July 2013 (DOC)
- Summary of Diamond Hill Walkthrough- July 2015 (PDF)
- Summary of Euclid Avenue Walkthrough - March 2013 (DOC)
- Summary of Fairview Avenue Walkthrough - March 2012 (PDF)
- Summary of Fairview- Light Street Walkthrough-June 2016 (PDF)
- Summary of Fort Hill Avenue Walkthrough - May 2013 (DOC)
- Summary of Hydro Street VES Road Walkthrough - May 2012 (PDF)
- Summary of Pansy Street Walkthrough - September 2013 (PDF)
- Summary of R.S. Payne Walkthrough- October 2015 (PDF)
- Summary of Richland Hills Walkthrough - November 2012 (PDF)