Additional Forms & Applications

Forms / Applications

Single-Family Detached Residential Structures

Single-family detached residential structures that either disturb equal to or greater than one acre of land or disturb less than one acre of land and that are part of a larger common plan of development or sale platted since July 1, 2004 (e.g. subdivision) require coverage under the General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities. Operators of these land-disturbing activities are authorized to discharge under the general permit and are not required to submit a registration statement or the DEQ permit fee. Operators must also comply with the terms and conditions of the general permit including the preparation of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).

Please follow these steps:

  1. Download the Single-Family Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) template, revise it to cover the specifics of your project, and keep the SWPPP and documents listed below (permit, permit coverage letter) on the site during land disturbance activity associated with the construction of the house.
  2. Print this permit, and keep it with the SWPPP. 
  3. Print this letter, and keep it with the SWPPP.
  4. Provide to the City of Lynchburg proof of stormwater permit coverage by the state by showing them these documents after you have completed and printed them.
  5. Apply for a land disturbance permit from the City.