Brush & Bulk Collection
Brush & Bulk Schedule - Updated January, 2023
See below for a monthly schedule when your brush and bulk collection weeks will be according to your trash collection day.
Click on the image or click here to download a schedule as an Adobe PDF.
A New Brush & Bulk Collection Schedule Was Implemented October 1, 2020
In order to minimize the time between brush and bulk set outs and collection of the materials, a new collection timeline went into effect October, 2020.
- As of October 1, you may set out your brush and/or bulk NO EARLIER than 7AM on the Saturday before your scheduled pickup week and NO LATER than 7AM on the Monday of your scheduled pickup week.
Please follow the guidelines listed below when setting out your brush and bulk materials.
- If your trash collection day is on Monday, then your brush and bulk pickup week is the FIRST FULL week of the month.
- If your trash collection day is on Tuesday, then your brush and bulk pickup week is the SECOND WEEK of the month.
- If your trash collection day is on Wednesday, then your brush and bulk pickup week is the THIRD WEEK of the month.
- If your trash collection day is on Thursday, then your brush and bulk pickup week is the FOURTH WEEK of the month.
|Brush and Bulk Pickup Schedule|
|Trash Collection Day||Brush and Bulk Pickup Week|
|Monday||1st FULL* week of the month|
|*Full week: Full week starts on the first Monday of the month
Please have your separated brush and bulk items at the curb no earlier than 7:00 am the Saturday before your scheduled collection week and no later than 7:00 am on the Monday of your scheduled collection week.
Brush and Bulk Setout
Brush Collection - How To
Brush collection is provided to City residents only. Place your brush neatly on the curb for collection following the schedule above. No phone call is needed. Our refuse collectors will pickup the brush collection during your assigned week of the month. Please do not place brush near fire hydrants.
- Brush is defined as any yard or debris tree trimmings no larger than 3 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length which cannot be placed in trash containers.
- Yard and tree trimmings are to be placed on the curb in a bundle. A bundle is things bound together for collection.
- Tree stumps are NOT collected.
Note: Private contractors hired by citizens are always responsible for the disposal of brush, limbs, branches and other yard debris that is cut by the contractor. In addition, remodeling and demolition debris must be delivered by the contractor/citizen to the landfill for proper disposal. This type of waste material is not accepted at the curb.
Brush Collection Alternative
Composting is another way to reduce your yard waste. Check out this information to get started.
Bulk Collection - How To
Bulk collection is provided to City residents only. Place your bulk neatly on the curb for collection following the schedule above. Please do not place bulk near fire hydrants.
- Bulk waste are items of residential waste, such as furniture, large totes, white goods (washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc.)*, or similar materials which cannot be placed in trash containers.
- Bulk waste does not include tires (tires are collected separately), household hazardous waste, construction remodeling (carpet, wood, cabinets) demolition materials. Materials containing glass or mirrors, carpeting, toilets or sinks.
- When bundling items (broken down boxes), the bundle shall not exceed 50 pounds.
* White goods that contain compressors with Freon (refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers) must have the compressor and relating tubing fully in tact unless the white good is accompanied by a certification from an appropriate person stating that all contained Freon has been captured and recycled. Freon containing items and tires are collected separately from other bulk items.
Bulk Collection Alternatives
If you have bulk goods that are in good condition (gently used), consider donating them. Click here for more information on local organizations that accept donated goods.
Taking Brush and/or Bulk to the Convenience Center
City residents can take their segregated brush and bulk to the Concord Turnpike Convenience Center FREE of charge. The Center is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30AM - 4PM; location: 2525 Concord Turnpike.