You are here
Lynchburg has been working to alleviate the amount of pollution entering the James River from the overflow points by updating our infrastructure. You can learn more about our plan by visiting our Project Updates page.
CSO 56 is located in the rear parking lot of the Piedmont Mill Loft building. This is one of the largest remaining overflow points left in the City's CSO and handles the majority of downtown's stormwater, and because of the volume, this CSO cannot be eliminated. Through modeling and testing by the University of Iowa, we found that a larger vault was needed to deal with the amount of stormwater.
What's Being Done?
How Long Will It Last?
How Will It Affect My Neighborhood?
- The rear parking lot of your building will be closed. To accommodate for the lost parking area, the City will be providing free permit parking.
- The permit parking spots will be located on Horseford Road and in the parking lot on Jefferson Street across from Waterstone (see map below) for residents who are currently paying to park in the loft parking lot. Your current permits should be shown when parking in one of these spaces. The permit parking spaces will be first come, first serve for permit holders.
- Parking enforcement staff will be monitoring the use of the new permit parking area and will ticket/tow vehicles accordingly. If you have any questions regarding permitting or enforcement during the project can contact Parking Management at 434-455-4045 or through email at email@example.com.
- Construction work will be conducted Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm. Expect construction activity, heavy equipment, material storage, and excavations in the rear parking lot.
- The contractor will be relocating the trash collection area.
- Emergency vehicles will have access to the building at all times.