Frequently Asked Questions

1. There are surveyor's flags in my neighborhood, is this a City project?

  • Please call the City's Survey office at (434) 455-4452.

2. Do you mark private property lines and or street right of way lines?

  • We do not mark private property lines but we do mark public street or public alley right of way lines.

3. Are there any City GIS Survey Control Points near my property or project?

  • Please request the GPS Monumentation Points Map by calling the City's Survey Office at (434) 455-4452 for more information.

4. Where can I obtain a plat copy of a City Street Right of Way, City Utility Easement, or City-owned property?

  • Please contact our City Map Room at (434) 455-3952.