A great place to live, work and play.
- The Zoning Administrator can assist you in determining if the intended use of the structure is permitted within the appropriate zoning classification. Please contact Kevin Henry at 434-455-3900 or email@example.com
- The size and uses of the proposed structure will determine if architect/engineer drawings will be required.
- Allow up to fifteen (15) working days for commercial plan review and ten (10) working days for residential plan review.
- The permit fee is based on square footage and needs to be paid prior to the issuance of a building permit.
- It is important that the contractor understand that it is his responsibility to call and request inspections.
- Inspections need to called in by 4:00 p.m. the day before an inspection is needed. Inspections called in after 4:00 p.m. will be scheduled two business days later (for example, after 4:00 p.m. on Monday will be scheduled for Wednesday.)
- An appeal board is available to hear an appeal of any building code interpretation made by the Inspections Division.
- The Inspections Division also handles house moving permits and demolition permits.
- Contact the Commissioner of the Revenue at (434) 455-3880 to apply for a business license (if a contractor) or to verify a contractor you have selected has a business license.
- Once all approvals are made, the Inspections Division will issue the permits and make all needed inspections.