Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling
The City of Lynchburg operates the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection days. It is an opportunity for citizens to properly dispose of material which should not be put in the landfill or poured down the drain due to toxicity or the potential for pollution of groundwater.
2022 Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Schedule
What You Need To Bring
- Photo Identification.
- Lynchburg, Campbell County & Amherst County Residents: Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Verification Form
- Amherst County Residents: Call Amherst County Public Works at (434) 846-3324 for a voucher that will be required at the Concord Turnpike Convenience Center.
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials & Electronics
- Available to: Lynchburg, Campbell County and Amherst County residents only.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or face covering and cannot exit vehicles
- Location: Concord Turnpike Convenience Center located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg.
- You MUST bring photo identification with you.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- Trailers and Box trucks are prohibited from this event.
- For City Residents: this collection does not count against your free 500 lbs to the landfill.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT (You may add cat litter or sand to fully dry and place in your regular weekly trash).
- There is no fee for the HHW collection service.