Inoperative Motor Vehicles

What are inoperative motor vehicles?

They are defined by City Code as any motor vehicle, trailer, or semi-trailer, or part thereof which is not in operating condition, or does not display valid license plates, or does not display an inspection decal that is valid or has expired no more than sixty (60) days prior.

Where are inoperative motor vehicles?

They can be found on any property zoned residential, commercial or agricultural.  The City Code specifically prohibits us from dealing with industrially-zoned property.  Also, inoperative motor vehicles can be allowed to remain on the property if they are placed in a fully enclosed building or shielded from view by plantings or fences.

Report an abandoned inoperative motor vehicles

Please contact Citizen's First Information Center to report an abandoned inoperative motor vehicle.

To Contact the City of Lynchburg:
Call: (434) 856-CITY (856-2489) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to speak with a customer service representative

The City of Lynchburg wants to make it easier for you to obtain the services you want and need. One way we do this is through the Citizens First Info Center, a one-stop citizen assistance office.

You can report neighborhood problems, get information about City services, register complaints, make inquiries, or even pay us a compliment. When you report a problem, we notify the appropriate department to provide assistance. Then we keep track of your request until you get the service you need.