You are here
Protect Your Home From Frozen Water Pipes
As colder temperatures approach, Lynchburg Water Resources would like to share some tips for keeping your pipes from freezing:
- Keep your garage doors closed to protect water lines in that space.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to help heat circulate around pipes.
- Keep your house a consistent temperature.
- If you’re planning to be away, keep the heat on in your house and no lower than 55 degrees.
- Keep a cold water drip from faucets to prevent water lines from freezing.
To learn about other ways to protect your pipes, visit www.lynchburgva.gov/prevent-freezing-pipes.