Are you highly motivated? Are you in search of a more fulfilling career? Have you ever considered what it is like to have a job where each day brings new and exciting challenges and a chance to help others? Do you have a flexible schedule that would allow you to be a contributing member of a 24/7/365 team?
If so you should know that the Lynchburg Department of Emergency Services is always looking for individuals interested in an exciting, fast-paced career. The extensive training process includes classroom time as well as on the job instruction as your trainers guides you through rigorous material.
Please check the JOB DESCRIPTIONS page for the official job description for the Public Safety Communications Specialist.
Starting salary is $21.50/hour (plus benefits)
Emergency Services also offers a shift differential:
Additional $4/hour for Evening Shift (3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Additional $3/hour for Midnight Shift (11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.)
Read through these Job Requirements to see if Lynchburg Department of Emergency Services could be the right fit for you!
- Must be able to type 38 wpm or more
- Must be at least 18 years of age by date of hire
- Must possess a High School Diploma or valid G.E.D. certificate
- Be available to work any of three shifts including weekends and holidays
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, polygraph examination, credit check and drug/alcohol testing.
- No DWI/DUI convictions within 36 months of application date
- Untruthfulness and/or intentional withholding of information on any application, interview, or paperwork associated with the position (deliberate inaccuracies or incomplete statements)
- Intentional failure to follow the directions outlined in the testing process or relying on others to complete any portion of the hiring process
Not sure what your typing speed is?
If you are interested in becoming a Public Safety Communications Specialist or have further questions, please contact:
Pamela Watson, Personnel & Training Supervisor