You are here
- Residents may apply for benefits online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov.
- For information regarding SNAP, TANF and Medicaid, call toll free (855) 635-4370.
- To report child abuse and neglect during regular business hours, call 455-5726; after hours, call 800-552-7096.
- To report adult abuse and neglect during regular business hours, call 455-5840; after hours, call 888-832-3858.
- Those who need to speak with someone at the Human Services Department can call the main number, (434) 455-5850.
The Lynchburg Department of Social Services is combined with the Lynchburg Department of Juvenile Services to form the Department of Human Services. It is one of 120 local departments in Virginia's state-supervised, locally-administered public social services system. The Department is an agency of city government which administers federal, state and local public assistance and social work service programs. To learn more about the Virginia Department of Social Services, go to http://www.dss.virginia.gov.
Location - 99 Ninth Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504
Hours - 9 am - 4 pm
A limited number of parking spaces are available in the agency lot immediately adjacent to the visitor entrance. We ask that all visitors be mindful and considerate of all parking signage, as well as courteous to others.